Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I Wonder...

A few nights back while I was nursing Baby C, I started thinking about the quilt that covered my husband, baby and me. The quilt was made by my hubby's Grandmother.
My husband has a lot of memories of his Grandma, but one that he always talks about is always seeing her quilting. She made lots of quilts, I am sure that each one of my husbands Aunts, Uncles and Cousins have at least one, each one different and unique.
What I wonder is did she think and pray for the unborn children they would one day cover?
Baby C sleeps under the quilt every night with us, he and I were wrapped in the quilt only minutes after he was born. Would she have ever thought??
I hardly knew her, but from what I understand she was an outstanding and hardworking woman. I am sad that my kids will never know her, but her quilt will last for generations.

No comments: