Saturday, January 15, 2011

Baby Smiles Make Everything Better

So I have been absent from blogging. The last two weeks have been crazy!!!
Last week Buddy Boy had a massive asthma attack and was in the hospital for two days. It was extremely scary to say the least, but a good lesson in when to call 911... which I should have instead of trying to take him to the Dr & then to the ER. Unfortunately when I was informed my son had asthma almost two years ago, no one ever went over the signs and symptoms with me. They told me he had a mild case and it would probably go away by the time he was 4 or 5. So I didn't do any research and really didn't know much about asthma, thinking I would never need to worry about it. Now I know better! He was such a brave boy and really cooperative at the hospital. We are glad to have him and Daddy back home with us now.

Something changed in Buddy Boy when he got home though. He was not his sweet and complacent self anymore. He turned into a little monster! Talking back and disobeying all day long. It was very difficult for me to keep up with him and his attitude. Luckily after a week of tough discipline and being on top of him about everything, he is somewhat back to himself.

Now, Buddy Boy thinks he is all grown up. In fact this morning out of the blue, he told me he wanted to wear underwear. I put some on him and he has yet to had an accident. I am SO excited about the thought of only having one in diapers (and only one set of diapers to wash), but I am not getting my hopes up yet:) It can't be that easy, can it?? Kids don't just potty train themselves!! We shall see...

Anyways. To make all that has happened in the last two weeks better, I finally got a picture of Baby C smiling. He was been smiling since he was four weeks old, but never for the camera. Yay! Baby smiles make everything better!



No comments: