Friday, March 30, 2012

The Ups And Downs Of Mommyhood


Yesterday was an awesome day...
Our typical Thursday goes as follows; wake up, breakfast, get dressed, chiropractor appointment, grocery shopping, story time at the library, back home for lunch, nap time, school/computer time, t-ball, dinner, bed.
Everything that could go right yesterday, did...
The kids slept in, the played nicely while I made breakfast, the got themselves dress (which is a good or bad thing, haha), Buddy Boy cooperated at the chiropractor, they were AWESOME at the grocery store, even though we were late to story time they enjoyed what was left of it, everyone took naps at the same time (including me), school time was smooth, there was no drama or injuries at t-ball and park play, everyone ate their dinner and went to bed on time. 

Today Sucked!
Our plan; wake up, breakfast, get dressed, got to the bounce house place with friends, Target trip, take Daddy lunch, nap time and school/computer time.
Everything that could go wrong, did...
Kids were up at 5:45, arguing started, it was a fight to get them dressed, fight to motivated them to clean up, fight to get them in the car, left the house with the dog outside, got half way to town (about 25min from home), neighbor calls to say they have said dog, drive back home to put dog away, drive back to town to the bounce place where bounce time was now half over, bounce (only good time so far today), melt downs while getting into the car, whining at Target, Buddy Boy breaking a vase, leaving Target with nothing that I needed (oh well, we only live 45min from Target!  So I guess I will just take another trip out there), decide to head straight home, melt downs because we don't get to see Daddy, kids fall asleep 3 mins from home, they don't transfer into their beds, me losing my mind and now blogging!

Why can a mama not get a break!?!  Just when you think that things are getting better and you are at least treading water instead of drowning, you get dunked back in.  Blah!

And the things that go through my mind on these days are about as polar opposite as the days themselves...
I can totally have 7 more kids! vs Why am I having another baby?
I love being a stay at home mom! vs Can I get a real job?
I can homeschool! vs Can I ship these kids off?
and on and on and on the list goes.

I know that everyone has these days and that this too shall pass.  But when you are in the thick of it, good lord it seems like it will never end!


2 comments:

Samantha said...

New follower & love the blog!

I know all too often how those days go! Isn't that just the worst?!

Good thing kids are so cute!

~Samantha
www.thepeanutsgang.com

ms.composure said...

Stumbled onto your blog via the blog hop and just wanted to show you some blog luv! def enjoyed this post!! new follower :)

http://infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com