Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Mommy Talk Tuesday {Cloth Diapers}

Welcome back to Mommy Talk Tuesday!

The Not So Secret Confessions of a Second Time Mom


This weeks topic is {Cloth Diapers}!
 Do you cloth diaper? If not, why not? If so, what convinced you to switch to cloth? What do you love about cloth? What are is your favorite diaper or type of diaper? Any troubleshooting questions? Feel free to ask!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YES I cloth diaper, it is one of my favorite... hobbies?! :/
I have been cloth diapering for just over 5 years!
It all started out when my mom offered to get me a diaper service for the first 3 months of Bubba Love's life.  My mom wanted me to cloth diaper because she didn't want all those chemicals on her new grandbaby.  I said whatever... that meant I didn't have to buy any diapers for the first 3 months!  Well when those months were over, I loved them so much that I couldn't switch.  But I also couldn't afford a service anymore (those things are expensive!).  So I bought my first set of prefolds and wraps, the super inexpensive ones that our parents used for us.  Those worked great for me and I loved them... I still have them and will most likely use the small ones on Baby #4.  But when I got pregnant when Buddy Boy, my father-in-law decided to buy me a whole new stash for Bubba & Buddy!  I was SO excited.  I had been wanting to try some AIO's and it was finally happening.  So we got 30 Bum Genious' and I have been using those ever since on all my kids.  Since then, I have bought random diapers on clearance or second hand, but really I love my BG's.
Over the last 5 years of cloth diapering, I have run into almost every CD problem you can.  Stink, yeast, hard water, absorbency issues, ect.  So if you have any questions, just ask:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**This is not just a blog hop! Please do not link up unless you have posted on the specific topic!**

Next week's topic is : Sleep! (Does your child sleep through the night? Do/Did you sleep train? When did they start sleeping through the night if they do? Tips or Questions for other moms.

No comments: